Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


OK. I cannot tell a lie.

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

Kidding, kidding. But seriously, I didn't make these cookies -- my friend Karen did.  It kinda seems like cheating to post her cookies on my blog, but in my defense I'm currently trapped at home during the Snowpocalypse with no baking ingredients, and she was making the cookies anyway.  All I asked her to do was take a few pictures along the way.  Besides, I'm crediting her, so...good enough, right? Right.


Reese's Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups flour
3/4 cups cocoa powder (I like Ghiradelli, but I think Karen used Hershey's)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/4 cups butter, softened
2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
10 oz peanut butter chips (Or however many you want. If you like peanut butter, I say GO WILD.)

Steps:
(1) Preheat oven to 350.

(2) Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in medium sized bowl. Set aside.

(3) Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy.

(4) Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar, and beat well.

(5) Gradually add flour mixture to batter, beating well.

(6) Stir in peanut butter chips.

(7) Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet.

(8) Bake 8-9 minutes. (If you want crispier cookies, leave them in the oven for an extra minute or two.)

(9) Cool slightly before moving cookies to wire rack.

********

Karen tells me that these cookies are deliciously chewy and satisfying -- the only thing keeping her from devouring the whole batch is fact that in 3 short weeks we'll be prancing around Jamaica in teeny weeny bikinis.  Mmmm.  I can't wait to try them tomorrow!

No comments: