Day fifty trillion of the Snowpocalypse. No work, no school, no where to go but the kitchen. Which is where I discovered that I had a bunch of bananas ripening far too quickly on top of the fridge. Mmm, mushy bananas. Time to smash them up and bake something nice!
This is such a clean and easy, no-fuss recipe. Just mix up bananas, eggs, brown sugar, butter, and sour cream (which I swapped out for plain yogurt), scoop the batter into muffin pans, swirl in Nutella, and bake. Done!
I forgot how thick Nutella was -- it was kind of a pain to swirl through the batter, especially when I scooped too much of it into the cups. In the end it was more like swirling the batter into the Nutella than vice versa. Still, I thought the overall effect was quite nice.
Banana Nutella-Swirl Muffins (Adapted from Barbara's Recipe)
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 small)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
(1) Preheat oven to 350.
(2) Mix bananas, brown sugar, yogurt, butter and eggs in a large bowl until well-blended.
(3) Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Add gradually to banana mixture.
(4) Spoon batter into greased muffin tins.
(5) Add about 1 tsp of Nutella into each cup of batter (or more if you REALLY love Nutella). Swirl to your satisfaction.
(6) Bake for about 18 minutes.